Regency Centers is committed to being an industry leader in sustainability and continually improving our performance. In line with this vision, we promise to pursue the following objectives:
- Comply with environmental laws and regulations, ordinances and industry standards
- Strive to reduce natural resource and energy consumption, pollution, greenhouse gas emissions, and waste
- Publically disclose our sustainability policies, goals and performance
- Engage with tenants, employees, local communities, suppliers and other stakeholders on key sustainability issues
- Contribute to the betterment of our communities and uphold our values of honesty, integrity and fairness
Green Building Certification
Since 2009, 63% of our development and redevelopments projects have sought LEED certification.1 We currently have 17 LEED registered projects, including seven that have received final certification, three in pre-development and seven that are currently under construction.
*Excludes projects < $5 million.
We have completed energy-efficiency projects at 28% of our shopping centers, reducing our energy consumption by over 10.2 million kilowatt hours since 2010.
We have implemented water management practices at 28% of our properties and reduced our water consumption by 509 million gallons since 2009. We have also increased our use of reclaimed and other sources of no potable water.
We have reused or recycled over 32,703 tons of Construction and Demolition (C&D) material since 2009.
Our first solar energy system was installed at the Boston-area Shops at Saugus, generating 656,667 kilowatt hours of renewable energy since inception in 2011.
Learn more through greengenuity success stories.