We continually improve our retail centers by adding the stores customers want to shop and creating an environment where they prefer to stay.
See how we strengthened retail in these communities.
- 2011 full-scale commercial real estate redevelopment of a suburban in-fill neighborhood center, including the interior and exterior renovation of a 44,376-square-foot Ralphs grocery store and a 21,360-square-foot CVS/pharmacy
- Repositioned the shopping center to enhance retail options for the Asian consumer, which had grown from 8% to over 45% of the population over the center's 30-year life, adding new-to-the-market retailers Mitsuwa Marketplace, a Japanese grocer, and variety store Daiso Japan
- Increased occupancy to 98%
- Utilized consumer focus groups to tailor the merchandising and architectural style, adding requested outdoor seating, sidewalk eating areas and stone exterior facade
- Completed shopping center redevelopment while keeping all tenants open for business
- Added sustainability features including drought-resistant landscaping, addition of more than 200 trees consistent with the region's natural vegetation, a smart irrigation system that automatically monitors and adjusts to climate data and LED parking lot lighting
Mariano's Fresh Market, Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us
- Located in the upscale Roscoe Village neighborhood of the City of Chicago with over 650,000 residents within three miles
- 2011 full-scale redevelopment of a dark Dominick's-anchored property into a vibrant center anchored by Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us and the first Mariano's Fresh Market within the City of Chicago
- Worked closely with area neighborhoods and city government to garner unanimous design approvals and entitlements
- Completed redevelopment within 12 months while keeping all shop tenants open for business
- Increased occupancy from 58% to 90% with leases currently being negotiated to bring occupancy above 95%
- Awarded LEED Silver by the U.S. Green Building Council for sustainable design
- Chasewood Plaza
Improving the general layout by converting units into more traditional bays as well as creating additional parking spaces to improve the traffic flow. Two freestanding street-front retail buildings totaling 8,200 SF will be constructed, which will improve the overall tenant mix.
- Five Points Plaza
Wilton Manors, FL
Demolishing of existing suites to redevelop BankUnited’s premises as an end-cap with three drive-thru lanes.
- Village Center
Expanding Publix with new ground-up store format, relocation of Walgreens as an outparcel and center façade/landscaping improvements.
- Woodway Collection
Demolition of the former Randalls building, construction of a 45,000 SF Whole Foods building, construction of 4,000 SF of new shop space and improvements to the parking lot and landscaping.
- Balboa Mesa Shopping Center
San Diego, CA
Full-scale commercial real estate redevelopment of a suburban in-fill neighborhood center, including a new and efficient parking lot enhanced with new landscape and LED parking lot lighting. Also refreshing the existing retail shops with a new color palette and additional four shop buildings reflecting an incremental 17,800 square feet of new GLA.
- Greenway Town Center
Replacing existing grocer with Whole Foods and upgrading the façade, parking lot, and landscaping.
- Sammamish Highlands
Adding Petco and also upgrading center façade, landscaping and signage.