We continually improve our retail centers by adding the stores customers want to shop and creating an environment where they prefer to stay.
See how we strengthened retail in these communities.
- 2011 full-scale commercial real estate redevelopment of a suburban in-fill neighborhood center, including the interior and exterior renovation of a 44,376-square-foot Ralphs grocery store and a 21,360-square-foot CVS/pharmacy
- Repositioned the shopping center to enhance retail options for the Asian consumer, which had grown from 8% to over 45% of the population over the center's 30-year life, adding new-to-the-market retailers Mitsuwa Marketplace, a Japanese grocer, and variety store Daiso Japan
- Increased occupancy to 98%
- Utilized consumer focus groups to tailor the merchandising and architectural style, adding requested outdoor seating, sidewalk eating areas and stone exterior facade
- Completed shopping center redevelopment while keeping all tenants open for business
- Added sustainability features including drought-resistant landscaping, addition of more than 200 trees consistent with the region's natural vegetation, a smart irrigation system that automatically monitors and adjusts to climate data and LED parking lot lighting
Mariano's Fresh Market, Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us
- Located in the upscale Roscoe Village neighborhood of the City of Chicago with over 650,000 residents within three miles
- 2011 full-scale redevelopment of a dark Dominick's-anchored property into a vibrant center anchored by Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us and the first Mariano's Fresh Market within the City of Chicago
- Worked closely with area neighborhoods and city government to garner unanimous design approvals and entitlements
- Completed redevelopment within 12 months while keeping all shop tenants open for business
- Increased occupancy from 58% to 90% with leases currently being negotiated to bring occupancy above 95%
- Awarded LEED Silver by the U.S. Green Building Council for sustainable design
- Brighten Park
Re-tenanting of former Loehmann’s with The Fresh Market, kick starting the center’s re-branding. The project will also include a full façade renovation of the main retail buildings, replacement of the roof, a complete overlay of the parking lot, an upgrade to site lighting, enhancement of landscaping, and the addition of new amenities, including green walls, hardscaping, and tree wells, to create a more inviting shopping experience and increase dwell times.
- Chasewood Plaza
The planned redevelopment will improve the general layout by demising oddly configured units into more traditional bays as well as demolish the existing Beall’s and Sandy’s Card Gallery suites to create additional parking spaces and improve the traffic flow from the entrance into the primary parking field in front of Publix. Two freestanding street-front retail buildings totaling 8,200SF (which will consist of an AT&T, Chipotle, and Dunkin Donuts) will be constructed, which will improve the overall tenant mix and create leasing momentum.
- Corbin's Corner
West Hartford, CT
Development of a new 6,057 free standing building for Jared the Galleria of Jewelry.
- Fellsway Plaza
Remerchandising of a large vacant unit with Planet Fitness and The Paper Store, right-sizing the large 28,248-square-foot unit into two smaller bays: 18,517 SF and 9,993 SF respectively. In addition to the planned remerchandising, Fellsway Plaza is receiving a complete façade renovation including new parapet walls, enhanced tenant signage, roof replacement for shop tenants between Modell’s and Stop & Shop, upgraded parking lot lighting, entryway reconfiguration, and parking lot repairs. A three tenant pad building is also being constructed along Riverside Avenue with a line up consisting of Panera Bread, Noodles & Company, and Smashburger.
- Kings Park Shopping Center
Replacement of undersized Giant with a brand new 50,000 SF Giant. In addition to the new Giant, extensive other work is occurring at the center. An outdoor seating area is being added to the shop area and the center’s façade is receiving a face lift. Additionally, we are adding fresh landscaping to the center and overhauling the parking field.
- Nocatee Town Center
Ponte Vedra, FL
Construction of a new 9,530 SF free-standing multi-tenant building.
- Southpark at Cinco Ranch
The redevelopment is constructing a new 12,580 SF building for Petco and an 8,400 SF multi-tenant building on the parcel between Academy and Spec’s.
- Westlake Plaza and Center
Westlake Village, CA
The redevelopment addressed existing infrastructure and maintenance issues, while simultaneously updating storefronts, gathering areas, walking paths, sustainable initiatives, and parking issues. Increased center occupancy to 93% with best-in-class tenants, additional new store space and retail concepts that would complement each other and the lifestyle of the center's shoppers. This redevelopment was conducted while enabling tenants to stay open for business.