Market at Colonnade
Whole Foods Market
- Built North Carolina’s first ground-up Whole Foods Market
- Developed the last commercially zoned parcel in this infill North Raleigh sub-market on the border of Falls Wake Watershed where commercial development is restricted
- Engaged neighbors, business leaders, elected officials, city officials, and neighborhood leaders in one-on-one meetings during successful rezoning process. 2,400 supporters signed an online petition at www.bringwholefoods.com.
- Created first-of-its-kind underground stormwater management system, using proven techniques such as water harvesting and wastewater treatment, to maximize the site-constrained 6-acre infill site
- Awarded the 2011 Greater Triangle Stewardship Development Award, the 2011 City of Raleigh Environmental Award for Natural Resource Conservation and the Triangle Commercial Real Estate Women’s 2012 Best Land Use Award
- Received LEED Silver, established by the U.S. Green Building Council, for excellence in green building design and construction practices