Our commitment to corporate responsibility is a reflection of our values. Values that have been, and always will be, at the core of our people and culture.”Lisa Palmer, President and Chief Executive Officer
Corporate Responsibility Report
Regency’s Corporate Responsibility Report illustrates the Company’s Core Values in action, approach to corporate responsibility and key environmental, social, and governance initiatives.
This report follows the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards framework and has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards Core option.
Regency Centers Values
Regency’s objective is to maintain a high level of employee engagement with an overall score of 85% or greater while maintaining our award-winning benefits and wellness plans, and enhancing our focus on diversity.
- Recognition as one of the top organizations in the country for employee engagement at 87% – top three for the Company’s size – with the Employee Voice Award
- Recipient of the First Coast Healthiest Companies Award for the 11th consecutive year, with five years of Platinum recognition for its commitment to employee health
- Completion of nearly 11,000 hours of employee training and continuing education that provide direct access to leadership, professional development, 360-degree employee feedback and coaching, and internship programs
- Further enhancement of a highly-competitive benefits package to include new parental and compassion leave policies
Adhering to Regency’s core values and culture, our objective is to contribute to the betterment of communities through investment and philanthropic efforts. This includes a commitment to monetary donations as well as employees donating their time through volunteer hours annually.
- Long-standing partnerships with philanthropic organizations as well as corporate matching programs for employee-driven initiatives that promote the betterment of the community, represented by $1.4 million of employee and company-matched donations
- The Regency Centers Fresh Look® initiative and its focus on bringing the best merchants to thoughtfully designed destinations, all while connecting the properties to our neighborhoods through positive community impacts
- Development and redevelopment starts of nearly $200M, with projects that improve the neighborhoods we serve, contributing to a goal to start $1.25 billion of developments and redevelopments over the next five years
Ethics and Governance
Regency’s objective is to maintain best-in-class corporate governance with adherence to the highest ethical behavior and corporate oversight while continuing to achieve the highest overall scores from leading shareholder advisory firms.
- A commitment to ethical business practices and corporate oversight, resulting in a top ISS Governance Quality Score of 1
- Execution of Board refreshment and diversity initiatives designed to increase the breadth and expertise of experience with 25% female representation and an improvement in average tenure to 8 years
- Formalization of Board of Directors oversight of Regency’s Corporate Responsibility Program, with the Nominating and Governance Committee of the Board, now acting as the governing and oversight body of the Corporate Responsibility Committee
Regency’s objectives include a continued commitment to being good stewards of our environment while reducing our overall impact, represented by our renewed goals to reduce energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions and waste, coupled with our focus on climate resiliency.
- Recipient of the GRESB Green Star for 4 consecutive years
- Completion of solar arrays at 17 shopping centers, producing approximately 5,700-megawatt hours of clean and renewable power each year
- Installation of 80 new Tesla level III chargers at one location, now tied for the largest Tesla Supercharger station in the nation
- Continued implementation of water conservation initiatives, including high-efficiency irrigation systems now at over 130 shopping centers
- Completion of a sea level rise analysis to support our commitment to climate change preparedness and resiliency that positions the Company for long-term success
For the past five years we have voluntarily participated in the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB), one of the most widely used sustainability disclosure frameworks for real estate companies. For the past three years, Regency has been awarded the Green Star designation from GRESB.
We believe that transparency is in the best interest of our company and we are committed to expanding the scope of our sustainability reporting.